The holidays are the perfect time to celebrate. At the same time, drunk driving accidents are even more common at this time. Driving drunk can destroy your life as well as the others involved. It can also cost you up to $2,000 for your first offense, $4,000 for your second and could wind up costing even more if there are children involved.
Here are a few simple solutions that will keep you out of trouble, when it comes to drinking and driving:
· Have a designated driver chosen before going to parties. If you find yourself at the party and have been drinking, ask a sober friend or family member to drive you home or ask to stay the night.
· Call a cab or an Uber to give you a ride home.
· Depending on the length of the party, you may be able to have one drink if you have time to eat, dance and be fully sober when it’s time to leave. To avoid getting in an accident or getting a ticket, you need to be completely sober and fully aware of your surroundings. It is truly best not to take any risks so skipping the drink is what we advise.
· Only drink while you are at home or at a place you intend to stay at overnight.
· If you are hosting a party, do not let people leave your party if they plan on drinking. You can collect all guest keys at the beginning of the night. Make sure you are ready to call Uber, Lyft, or a designated driver in case anyone partakes in drinking while in your home. The responsibility lies with you if you are providing drinks at your home.
Enjoy your holiday season and know that the risks are not worth it. You can enjoy yourself without drinking or be responsible and follow our suggestions. You do not want to live knowing that because you drank and drove, you caused injury to yourself or others. Drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.